Part of our mission is to:
- Empower and Engage people to collect and develop flashcard content and dedicate it to the public domain.
You are free to:
- Read and Print our Flashcards free of charge.
- Share and Reuse Flashcards conent under free and open licenses.
- Contribute and fork Flashcards.
Under the following conditions:
- Responsibility – You take responsibility for your postings (since we only host your content).
- Civility – You support a civil environment and do not harass other users.
- Lawful Behavior – You do not violate copyright or other laws.
- No Harm – You do not harm our technology infrastructure.
With the understanding that:
- You License Freely Your Contributions – you generally must license your contributions to FlashDecks.com under a free and open license (unless your contribution is in the public domain). Flashcards on FlashDecks.com are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- No Professional Advice – the content of flashcards is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice.
Welcome to FlashDecks.com! FlashDecks.com is a BBros.us LLC project with the mission to empower and engage people to collect and develop Flashcard content that is easy to use, create, share and dedicated to the public domain.
We strive to make and keep flashcard content on FlashDecks.com on the internet free of charge, in perpetuity.
You are welcome to join as a contributor, editor, or author, but editorial control is in the hands of you and your fellow users who create and manage the content. We merely host this content. Because we are dedicated to making Flashcard content freely accessible to the public, we require that all content you contribute is available under a free license or in the public domain.
Please be aware that you are legally responsible for all of your contributions, edits, and re-use of FlashDecks.com content under the laws of the United States of America and other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content). This means it is important that you use caution when posting content. In light of this responsibility, we have some rules about what you cannot post, most of which is either for your own protection or for the protection of other users like yourself.
Please keep in mind that the content we host is for general informational purposes only, so if you need expert advice for a particular question (such as medical, legal, or financial issues), you should seek the help of a licensed or qualified professional.
1. Our Services
The FlashDecks.com project is dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free flashcard content. However, we act only as a hosting service, maintaining the infrastructure and organizational framework that allows our users to build the flashcard content by contributing flashcard content themselves. There are a couple of things you should be aware of when considering our relationship to you and the other users:
- We do not take an editorial role: Because the FlashDecks.com project is collaboratively created, all of the flashcard content that we host is provided by users like yourself, and we do not take an editorial role. This means that we do not take any responsibility for this content. Similarly, we do not endorse any opinions expressed via our services, and we do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any submitted community content. Instead, we simply provide access to the flashcard content that your fellow users have contributed and edited.
- You are responsible for your own actions: You are legally responsible for your and contributions on FlashDecks.com, so for your own protection you should exercise caution and avoid contributing any content that may result in criminal or civil liability under any applicable laws. For clarity, applicable law includes at least the laws of the United States of America. Although we may not agree with such actions, we warn editors and contributors that authorities may seek to apply other country laws to you, including local laws where you live or where you view or edit content. FlashDecks.com cannot offer any protection, guarantee, immunity or indemnification.
3. Content We Host
- You may find some material objectionable or erroneous: Because we provide a wide array of flashcard content that is produced or gathered by fellow users, you may encounter material that you find offensive, erroneous, misleading, mislabeled, or otherwise objectionable. We therefore ask that you use common sense and proper judgment when using our FlashCards.
- Our content is for general informational purposes only: Although we host a great deal of information that pertains to professional topics, including medical, legal, or financial issues, this content is presented for general informational purposes only. It should not be taken as professional advice. Please seek independent professional counseling from someone who is licensed or qualified in the applicable area in lieu of acting on any information, opinion, or advice contained in one of the Project websites.
4. Refraining from Certain Activities
FlashDecks.com exists because of the community of users like you who contribute flashcards content. We welcome your participation in this community. We encourage you to be civil and polite in your interactions with others in the community, to act in good faith, and to make contributions aimed at furthering the mission of a shared work.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, for your own protection and for that of other users, you may not engage in such activities on FlashDecks.com. These activities include:
Harassing and Abusing Others
- Engaging in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism; and
- Transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users.
Violating the Privacy of Others
- Infringing the privacy rights of others under the laws of the United States of America or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
- Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by FlashDecks.com; and
- Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for an illegal purpose or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors.
Engaging in False Statements, Impersonation, or Fraud
- Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- With the intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate;
- Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive; and
- Engaging in fraud.
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law.
Misusing Our Services for Other Illegal Purposes
- Posting child pornography or any other content that violates applicable law concerning child pornography;
- Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law; and
- Using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
Engaging in Disruptive and Illegal Misuse of Facilities
- Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
- Engaging in automated uses of the site that are abusive or disruptive of the services and have not been approved by FlashDecks.com community;
- Disrupting the services by placing an undue burden on the FlashDecks.com website or the networks or servers connected with FlashDecks.com;
- Disrupting the services by inundating FlashDecks.com websites with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use the FlashDecks.com website for its stated purpose;
- Knowingly accessing, tampering with, or using any of our non-public areas in our computer systems without authorization; and
- Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any of our technical systems or networks unless all the following conditions are met:
- such actions do not unduly abuse or disrupt our technical systems or networks;
- such actions are not for personal gain (except for credit for your work);
- you report any vulnerabilities to FlashDecks.com developers (or fix it yourself); and
- you do not undertake such actions with malicious or destructive intent.
We reserve the right to exercise our enforcement discretion with respect to the above terms.
5. Password Security
You are responsible for safeguarding your own password and should never disclose it to any third party.
Although you have considerable freedoms for re-use of the content on the Project websites, it is important that, at FlashDecks.com, we protect our trademark rights so that we can protect our users from fraudulent impersonators. Because of this, we ask that you please respect our trademarks. All FlashDecks.com trademarks belong to BBros.us LLC.
7. Licensing of Content
To grow the commons of free knowledge and free culture, all users contributing flashcard content are required to grant broad permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely, so long as that use is properly attributed and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute is granted to any derivative works. In keeping with our goal of providing free information to the widest possible audience, we require that when necessary all submitted content be licensed so that it is freely reusable by anyone who cares to access it.
You agree to the following licensing requirements:
- Text to which you hold the copyright: When you submit text to which you hold the copyright, you agree to license it under:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (“CC BY-NC-SA”)
- Attribution: Attribution is an important part of these licenses. We consider it giving credit where credit is due – to authors like yourself. When you contribute flashcard decks you agree to be attributed as the author.
- Importing text: You may import text that you have found elsewhere or that you have co-authored with others, but in such case you warrant that the text is available under terms that are compatible with the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license (or, as explained above, another license when exceptionally required by the Project edition or feature)("CC BY-NC-SA").
- Public domain content: Content that is in the public domain is welcome! It is important however that you confirm the public domain status of the content under the law of the United States of America as well as the laws of any other countries as required by the specific Project edition. When you contribute content that is in the public domain, you warrant that the material is actually in the public domain, and you agree to label it appropriately.
- Re-use: Re-use of content that we host is welcome, though exceptions exist for content contributed under "fair use" or similar exemptions under copyright law. Any re-use must comply with the underlying license(s).
- Modifications or additions to material that you re-use: When modifying or making additions to text that you have obtained from FlashDecks.com, you agree to license the modified or added content under CC BY-SA 3.0 or later.
8. DMCA Compliance
FlashDecks.com wants to ensure that the flashcard content that we host can be re-used by other users without fear of liability and that it is not infringing the proprietary rights of others. In fairness to our users, as well as to other creators and copyright holders, our policy is to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the formalities of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Pursuant to the DMCA, we will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, users and account holders of our system and network who are repeat infringers.
If you are the owner of content that is being improperly used on FlashDecks.com without your permission, you may request that the content be removed under the DMCA. To make such a request, please email us at info@BBros.us.
9. Third-party Websites and Resources
You are solely responsible for your use of any third-party websites or resources. Although the FlashDecks.com contains links to third-party websites and resources, we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, or the related content, products, or services (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor do we have any obligation to monitor such third-party content.
10. Management of Websites
We rarely intervene in the FlashDecks.com community of users. In an unusual case, the need may arise, or the community may ask us, to address an especially problematic user because of significant disturbance or dangerous behavior. In such cases, we reserve the right, but do not have the obligation to:
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues or respond to user support requests;
- Manage FlashDecks.com websites in a manner designed to facilitate their proper functioning and protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and our users, licensors, partners, and the public.
In the interests of our users and FlashDecks.com, in the extreme circumstance that any individual has had his or her account or access blocked under this provision, he or she is prohibited from creating or using another account on or seeking access to FlashDecks.com, unless we provide explicit permission.
At FlashDecks.com we do our best to provide educational and informational flashcard content to a very wide audience, but your use of our services is at your sole risk. We provide these services on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and we expressly disclaim all express or implied warranties of all kinds, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranty that our services will meet your requirements, be safe, secure, uninterrupted, timely, accurate, or error-free, or that your information will be secure.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of our services is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content or communication maintained by the service. We retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
13. Limitation on Liability
FlashDecks.com will not be liable to you or to any other party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, regardless of whether we were advised of the possibility of such damage. In no event shall our liability exceed one thousand U.S. dollars (USD 1000.00) in aggregate. In the case that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you, although our liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
15. Other Terms
You understand that, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by us, you have no expectation of compensation for any activity, contribution, or idea that you provide to FlashDecks.com.